Tuesday 22 March 2011

A NEW HOME



A NEW HOME

After last weeks severe tummy bug couldn't have come at a worst time.Feeling confident about my practice and taking your ass for a piss over 20 times a day don't mix.So you can imagine my frustration having take a week out of doing anything other than going to the toilet.For the first time in my university career I actually desire to attend Univerisity.I don't know whether i became ill from skipping dirty food or just been generally run down.Either way it knocked me and my diabetes for six.

I finally finished the first A1 drawing.Even though its a bit short of A1 i have learnt some valuable lessons about producing work like this.Given that the level of over anialisation of strokes you can become bogged down.This is effected in your drawing almost stopping the natural flow.Its quiete nerving knowing that one stroke in the wrong direction can make the hole movement void.This pressure does nothing but increase the more strokes you make.I often found my hand more shakey than usual towards the end.To wich the drawing given the detail your putting into it can become consuming and controlling.

Thus destroying hours of work.Its important in this instance to work quickly.Setting up systems of practises like timed drawing.Then there is less chance of the negative outcome of a piece seeming ruined.Thus not allowing much room for egos to be bruised and morned over.

Its also better to not pre plan the drawing and for it to be a barely concious set of decisions.Viewing the construced piece as growing organism allows me to study times were i have managed to keep fluidity in movement.Beleiving that studying examples of flow are integral to making a piece become a larger organism.

This is my new space that i have comendiered, squeezing my way into Laura's and Alices space.I have been made most welcome.Its mint we draw, we chill,we draw.






No comments:

Post a Comment