Sunday 23 December 2012

test strip


A4- 12 panel drawing in 0.1and 0.3 fine liner, originaly on fluorescent yellow paper, but I couldn't get colour to digitally produce well.Thats the cool thing about fluorescent colours

This is a short strip I gave to  my girlfriend.In truth its the first strip I have ever done.I am very much new to 'sequential art' as Will Eisner would put it.Not that I would want prescribe to art, or saying what I make is art.Ive not put this up to discuss that. Drawing events in frames gave me a completely different perspective on life. Suddenly I began to see whole periods of time or moods by a singular image that may just represent a thought or a feeling. Dabbling in trying to see everything as moments in time and space in frames, makes you interpret the world in a quiet staggered way.Fluidity is something that comes across with the engagement of the viewer and that is a really powerful thing.I haven't read many graphic novels but most of it I have managed to enjoy everything. Most of witch have been leant to me by my housemate James.This assumed on the idea that James who scoffed at me for 'liking everything' has no doubt sifted through some poo to get some gems.I recently finished 'Habibi' by Craig Thompson which blew my mind he also leant me Ken Dahl's - 'Monsters' which is currently lodged in a unreachable place behind the radiator in bathroom.I'd like to say that I am opposed to the read-poo-poo-read culture it claims countless casualties.Click the links for more information about the mentioned persons.



No comments:

Post a Comment